NeuroNet Learning - Integrated Rhythms Nanodegree
About the Integrated Rhythms Nanodegree
School-age children who struggle with language processing, balance, or motor skills can benefit from NeuroNet Learning programs. Program exercises require children to move, listen, and organize speech patterns simultaneously. Each program includes 160 days of exercises linking motor skills, rhythm, and repetition with curriculum.
This online course is ideal for interventionists working in private practice. School-based therapists should complete the Tools for Learning Nanodegree.
The Integrated Rhythms Nanodegree includes (3) three NeuroNet Learning programs:
Offering NeuroNet to Clients
Therapists will follow these steps to enroll clients in NeuroNet programs:
Intake Phone Chat: Using the form provided, you will be able to collect developmental history information from parents about the child. This initial information will help you get to know the parents and the child and it will enable you to make an initial determination about whether NeuroNet would be a good fit for child.
Evaluation: You will conduct an evaluation if the intake chat indicates that 1) the child could benefit from NeuroNet and 2) the parents understand the work and home practice that is necessary to get good results.
Implementation: If the evaluation confirms that the child can benefit from NeuroNet, you will instruct the parents to purchase the appropriate kit from the online store and to begin Level 1 of the program. You will meet every 2-3 weeks with the family, customize the program as needed, and coach the child through the program.
*Please Note: You must complete NeuroNet Certification in order to have parents purchase NeuroNet products.
NeuroNet Certification Requirements
You must be a licensed therapist to become a Certified NeuroNet Provider:
- speech-language pathologists
- physical therapists
- occupational therapists
- *COTAs, SLPAs, PTAs
*In order for a therapist's assistant to offer NeuroNet, the supervising therapist must also be a licensed NeuroNet Provider.
Once you complete the Early Learning Course you are eligible to apply for NeuroNet Certification. The requirements of NeuroNet Certification go beyond the minimum requirements to obtain CEUs. Additional certification requirements for therapists help us assure that NeuroNet clients have a positive experience with the program. These requirements help maintain a positive reputation of the program for all providers.
Following this online course you will be able to:
- Use the included NeuroNet Software Programs to develop neural networks linking hearing, balance, foot movement, hand movement, listening and talking.
- Adapt NeuroNet exercises to meet individual needs for school-aged children ages 5-8 and older children with developmental delays.
- Explain the neuroscience research behind improving attention, memory and learning.
- Apply for NeuroNet Certification to be able to offer NeuroNet to clients.
Integrated Rhythms Testimonial
"I have started the Integrated Rhythms Nanodegree online and I'm thrilled. It is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm so happy with what I'm learning that I will be taking the other workshops no matter how they are offered. But I definitely prefer the online format. I believe I am getting much more out of the online workshop than I would the live workshop because I can pause the video to take notes and rewind to listen again. This was especially helpful during the Neuroscience of NeuroNet lecture when Mrs. Rowe was explaining synaptic strengthening and post-synaptic depolarization. Powerful information that supports all that I have been reading while in search of answers. This lecture connected a lot of dots for me and gave me a very clear picture of how StepUp will help my students."
-Sig Cooper, Speech and Language Pathologist
About the Online Course Presenter
Nancy W. Rowe created the StepUp Programs to address learning disabilities through vestibular and auditory therapy procedures that develop temporal processing. She has an undergraduate degree in Speech Education from New York University, and a graduate degree in Speech and Hearing Science from Washington University in St. Louis. She has presented at conferences and workshops in the US, Europe, and Central and South America. Ms. Rowe is a member of the American Academy of Audiology and the American Speech and Hearing Association. She currently maintains a private practice in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
1. Implement the NeuroNet programs to help children develop neurological learning readiness: rhythmic integration of balance, hand movement, foot movement, auditory entrainment, and speech.
2. Use neurological learning readiness as a tool for automating basic academic skills such as reading decoding, retrieval of math facts, and handwriting.
3. Identify and explain to clients how the auditory and vestibular systems play key roles in the representation of visual-motor space and in the motor representation of auditory information.
4. Describe how the calibration of vestibular space and the calibration of mathematical space are complementary areas of brain function, and how the accurate calibration of vestibular space can improve the speed and accuracy of math computation and visualization.
5. Demonstrate key NeuroNet movement exercises that integrate balance, movement, listening and speaking as well as written exercises that integrate auditory memory, speech, and handwriting.
NeuroNet Learning is approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) to offer CEUs for this course. You are eligible to receive continuing education credits if you successfully complete the online course and short answer questions. The Integrated Rhythms Nanodegree offers up to 1.2 AOTA CEUs, equivalent to 12 contact hours.
AOTA Course Classification Information
Instructional/Educational Level: Introductory/Intermediate
Content Focus: Category 1: Category 1 - Domain of Occupational Therapy: Client Factors and Performance Skills, Category 2 - Occupational Therapy Process: Evaluation and Intervention
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Integrated Rhythms is designed as a one-month course. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email and an email that prompts you to create an account to access the training and software. If you don't see your confirmation emails after purchase, please contact us.
Your Purchase Includes:
- 3 NeuroNet Software Programs (Program 0, Program 1, and Program 2)
- Parent Intake Forms
- Evaluation Forms
- A yearly subscription to NeuroNet (includes continued access to all software and training updates for therapists)