NeuroNet Learning - Early Learning Nanodegree
About the Early Learning Nanodegree
NeuroNet's Early Learning suite of software programs and evaluation protocols are excellent resources for therapists providing early intervention services. This suite of programs is designed to help children ages 3 to 6 develop learning readiness by reaching developmental milestones in hearing, motor skills, and communication. These programs may also be appropriate for older children who have developmental delays.
The Early Learning Nanodegree includes (3) three distinct NeuroNet software programs.
NeuroNet Certification Requirements
You must be a licensed therapist to become a Certified NeuroNet Provider:
- speech-language pathologists
- physical therapists
- occupational therapists
- *COTAs, SLPAs, PTAs
*In order for a therapist's assistant to offer NeuroNet, the supervising therapist must also be a licensed NeuroNet Provider.
Once you complete the Early Learning Course you are eligible to apply for NeuroNet Certification. The requirements of NeuroNet Certification go beyond the minimum requirements to obtain CEUs. Additional certification requirements for therapists help us assure that NeuroNet clients have a positive experience with the program. These requirements help maintain a positive reputation of the program for all providers.
Following this online course you will be able to:
- Use the included NeuroNet Software Programs to develop neural networks linking hearing, balance, foot movement, hand movement, listening and talking.
- Adapt NeuroNet exercises to meet individual needs for preschool children ages 3-5 and older children with developmental delays.
- Explain the neuroscience research behind improving attention, memory and learning.
- Apply for NeuroNet Certification to be able to offer NeuroNet to clients.
You may download a time-ordered agenda for the Nanodegree here.
About the Online Course Presenter
Nancy W. Rowe created the NeuroNet Programs to help struggling learners develop learning readiness through vestibular and auditory therapy procedures that develop temporal processing. Ms. Rowe has an undergraduate degree in Speech Education from New York University, and a graduate degree in Speech and Hearing Science from Washington University, St. Louis. She has presented the NeuroNet Therapy Program at conferences and workshops in the US, Europe, and Central and South America.
Ms. Rowe is a member of the American Academy of Audiology and the American Speech and Hearing Association. She currently maintains a private practice in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
1. The participant will list the basic developmental auditory-motor milestones for children birth to 4 and demonstrate games for developing these skills.
2. The participant will demonstrate basic NeuroNet movement exercises addressing vestibular information processing (rhythm, movement and timing) for children ages 3-5.
3. The participant will demonstrate basic Listen, Talk and Write exercises integrating rhythmic speech, air writing, and copying and drawing of geometric forms for children 3-5. The participant will explain the importance of integrating rhythmic hand movement and rhythmic speech.
4. The participant will explain how the neuroscience research can help us understand and improve a patient’s attention by increasing neural synchrony for balance, listening, speaking and rhythmic movement.
5. The participant will demonstrate auditory motor word memory exercises and explain how these exercises systematically move clients into measurable levels of auditory-motor speech automaticity for 2-syllable and then 3-syllable words.
Early Learning is designed as a one-month course. Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email and an email that prompts you to create an account to access the training and software. If you don't see your confirmation emails after purchase, please contact us.
Your Purchase Includes
- 3 NeuroNet Software Programs (Early Learning, PreK Program, and Program 0)
- Parent Intake Forms
- Evaluation Forms
- A yearly subscription to NeuroNet (includes continued access to all software and training updates for therapists)